Follow Friday is a weekly hop hosted at Parajunkee’s View. Link up to find new reads and book blogs to follow!
This week’s topic: List five book related silly facts about you.
1. Some of my kitchen cupboards are filled with books instead of dishes.
2. If I don’t like the way a story ends, I’ll make up my own conclusion at night before I drift off to sleep. The Little Mermaid was living happily-ever-after in my mind long before Disney came out with their version.
3. Sometimes I read during load times when I’m playing my Xbox 360. This feels über-geeky.
4. One of my criteria for a handbag is that it is large enough to carry a book.
5. If I forget my book at home on a work day, I feel like my hour lunch break is ruined.
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Crazy for Books.
This week’s question:
“If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?”
It’s difficult to choose just one! I don’t think I can. Here are three book worlds I want to visit:
I wish I could attend one of Gatsby’s parties. I’d wear a slinky 1920s dress, sip from a long stemmed glass, and oscillate between fivolous and political conversations.
This line lures me:
“In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars” (Chapter 3, The Great Gatsby).
I’m sure I’d get sick of the excess and and affectations, but I’d like a taste of party life during The Jazz Age.
I want to live in the lovely ancient forests in the Sevenwaters series, where fey roam and the mortal inhabitants practice powerful hearth magic. Actually, I’d like to visit any of the worlds in Marillier’s novels: Wildwood, the Light Isles, Whistling Tor…well, maybe Whistling Tor is too frightening.
Kenneth Oppel’s steampunk world is amazing. I want to ride in airships, discovering new species like cloud cats. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to board the Starclimber though. Is Airborn ever going to be made into a movie?