This week’s list:
TOP TEN BOOKS I’D LIKE TO SEE MADE INTO MOVIES
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It’s in the works. I hope I’m not disappointed.
2. Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer. The question is: Who is awesome enough to play pirate/privateer Jacky Faber?
3. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. While I was reading this book, I felt like I was reading a movie script instead of a novel with all the action and dialogue. I think this steampunk zombie story would be a blockbuster. Zombies are hot right now. Right?
4. Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. There were rumors that this film was being made, but it seems to have been abandoned.
5. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. Again, this trilogy seemed more like three scripts than novels. Hatter would have such an awesome costume! I’m sure some Lewis Caroll fans would be displeased, but I think this version would be an interesting variation to the classic story. IMDb lists it as “in development.”
7. The Year of the Flood. Margaret Atwood’s novel would make a chilling post-apocalyptic movie. I can see an actress like Natalie Portman playing Ren.
8. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This adaptation of Jane Austen’s classic is ridiculous, but hilarious. I’d go to the theaters to see it, and I’m a Jane Austen devotee.
9. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier. This story is dark, magical and suspenseful. If the filmmakers did it justice, I’d watch the movie over and over again.
10. Behind Green Glass. Of course, I would love to see my own novel made into a film. I can dream!